Are you tired of your rising electricity & natural gas bills?
I was and switched to Spark Energy - a third party energy provider. The end result? 12% savings from my regional provider's (PSEG) rate.
Spark Energy is running a special promotion NOW where you can get a $75 Visa Gift Card for switching either your electricity or natural gas service to them. If you switch both, you will get a $150 Visa Gift Card!
This promotion is not available on their website (sparkenergy.com) but you can get it by clicking on the above banner ad.
So how does Spark Energy's Service Work?
You will receive a 12-month fixed price for electric generation service measured in cents per kilowatt-hour including sales and use tax (for NJ it's 7%) from the Effective Date through the meter read date 12 months after the Effective Date. After the 12 month term, you will receive a competitive variable rate for 3 additional months for a total contract length of 15 months.
If you are in NJ and switch from PSEG (like I did), your selected plan will include:
- A fixed price of 10.19¢ per kWh beginning on your first meter read date after successful enrollYour fixed price reflects a 12% estimated savings off of PSEG's current rate (11.53 ¢ per kWh).
- A 90-day satisfaction guarantee that gives you the ability to cancel your contract during the 90-day period without an early termination fee.
- A 3-Month variable monthly price that is reflective of prevailing supply prices.
- No interruption to your service: Since your service provider stays the same, there is no service interruption. Your local utility will continue to be responsible for delivering electricity to your home.
- You'll still get one bill from your utility: You will also still receive one bill from your utility. Your bill will appear the same as it has in the past. Your utility will continue to service all equipment—such as your meter—and wires, as well as respond to any power outages.
- No signup fees from Spark: You will not be charged an enrollment or start-up fee from Spark for entering into an agreement, and will not be charged a termination fee for terminating the agreement at the end of the applicable contract term. If you are switching from your local utility company, they will not charge you for making this change.
- No additional installation required: Your current utility stays the same so there is no change to anything except the price you are paying for electricity per kilowatt hour. Once you have signed up for one of our pricing plans, we will take care of contacting your current utility on your behalf. You will receive a notice from your utility confirming your selection of Spark as your electric power supplier.
- No cancellation fee for the first 90 days: A 90-day satisfaction guarantee gives you the ability to cancel your contract for up to 90-days without a termination fee. If you cancel after 90 days but before the term of your contract is complete, there is a cancellation fee of $150.
I'm sold! What do I need to sign up?
- Get a copy of your local utility's bill. Locate the PoD ID.
- Click on one of the Spark Energy banner ads on this page. The link will take you to the sign up page.
- Follow the 4 step sign up process. It takes less than 2 minutes.