Recently, I gave a close friend one of the most passionate speeches of my life. You might think it was about sports, politics or religion but instead it was about how much I’m in LOVE with Betterment – the best investment tool I’ve found… and it’s poised to revolutionize the industry!
Betterment describes itself as “the fully diversified, automated, and smart investment account that helps you feel good about your future” and I couldn’t agree more. The product is pure genius and by far the simplest and safest way to invest.
I will post a full review in a few days but here are a few reasons why I’m in LOVE with Betterment:
- Free (and simple) to open an account
- Well designed website – it’s easy to navigate and has some great charts to help you with your asset allocation
- ETFs vs Stocks – rather than investing in individual stocks (greater risk), you invest in a mix of stock ETFs and Treasury bond ETFs.
- Low fee – free to open and try for 30 days, but afterwards, they charge a small fee ranging from .15% to .35% of your account balance.
- No minimum balance – you can invest how little or how much as you want with no additional fees
- Dollar Cost Averaging – the product teaches you to invest automatically on a regular basis. To me, this is how everyone should be taught to invest and makes good financial sense.
- Protected by SIPC and regulated by FINRA/SEC– your money is safe from fraud
- Excellent management team – the bio (found on the website) of key management team members is very impressive.
- Revolutionary – since 2010 (when they opened their doors), they have consistently evolved their product offerings and come up with new and innovative ways to help people invest better and smarter.